Sunday, November 6, 2016

Matcha Mille Feuille




Mille Feuille is very pretty pastry.
I always have stock of pie sheets in my freezer, so easy to make.

One thing makes me nervous when I eat mille feuille. Always messy to eat this pastry.
Sometimes pie crumbs are spread around my plate, and much worse I have to clean up my clothes.
I've never made it clean but I can't stop eating. When I am in a cafe and find someone is eating mille feuille, I give her a once-over how to eat it.
I know I am so bad.


**Matcha Mille Feuille recipe**

4 matcha mille fueille

2 pie sheets (18cm *18cm, 7inch*7inch)
250ml milk
1 egg
50g sugar
10g flour
1 tsp matcha powder
a hint of rum
sugar powder and edible golden leaves for decoration

<bake pie sheet>
1. Defrost pie sheets.
2. Bake pie sheets in the preheated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes.
3. Put another baking sheet on risen pie sheets and press down with your hands.
4. Bake pie sheets with baking sheet on for another 10 minutes.
5. Cool it down completely.
6. Cut out 4 edges, and cut in 6 rectangles each pie sheet. (make 12 rectangles)

<matcha custard>
1. Warm milk in a sauce pan.
2. Mix an egg and sugar in a bowl.
3. Mix flour and matcha powder in another bowl.
4. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients bowl. Blend them.
5. Add warm milk into the bowl little by little. Add a hint of rum. Blend them with a whisk.
6. Put the mixture back into a sauce pan at low heat and make it thick while whisking.
7. Cool it down.

<decoration>
Decorate in your favorite way.
I pipe matcha cream on rectangular pie sheet, and sprinkle powder sugar, matcha powder and edible golden leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment