Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Trip to Melbourne in Australia



I visited Melbourne last week.
This was a spontaneous trip and super short days but had so much fun there.

First day in Melbourne, after I checked in my hotel, this was comfortable to stay, I went to South Melbourne Market.

South Melbourne Market is easy to access from CBD (center of Melbourne), we can use tram. Take #96 tram, get off at #127 stop. Walk up some steps from the tram station for 1 minute.



I love local market. I can enjoy shopping as I live there. Watching veggies, fruits, meat or fish section, excites me because I can feel to be adapted to local life.

       

The best one in this market is oysters. We can buy even one piece or dozens, and we can eat here!  When I asked a salesperson about kinds of oysters, prices or taste, she told me very kind. After I got 6 pieces of oysters, of course for eating here, there are ketchup, lemon, sauce on the counter, so many people enjoy eating fresh raw oysters.  I chose middle size, salty and creamy for 3 each. This is in heaven!!

      

Absolutely I was satisfied with oysters, but I was so hungry this time because last time I ate was on flight, so his was not enough. I walked around to eat lunch more.




I ordered pork bánh mì. I love Vietnamese food.
This is a kind of sandwich which is vegetable, meat, patty, herbs and fish oil etc. with soft baguette.
I knew it was too large but finally I ate it. I was full and I got energy.

I explored in the market, probably twice, enjoyed a lot. There are many local shops which is for food, goods from Australia. I think this is the best place to buy souvenirs for travelers.

When I left South Melbourne Market, I come back to CBD by tram.
I still have much time to walk around the city during the day.



This is Flinders Street Station, Very historical classical building.



There are many small allies. Walking on these allies, I can find many cafes I want to stop by.


  

I stopped by Crumpler to look around the Australian made casual bag.
Fashionable and comfortable to use, I love it. Cute logo mark!

http://www.crumpler.com/au/



I came back my hotel, a little bit early because I was tired and was probably going out in the evening again.

My hotel is booked with Expedia. I was trying to use airbnb, but I didn't. Too late to get the answer for my requests. I didn't enough time to wait. Airbnb is reasonable but when I am hurry, it is not convenient.

http://www.oakshotelsresorts.com/oaks-on-william/

I stayed very comfortable here. If I come to Melbourne again, I want again.
Actually, I guess it is convenient anywhere in CBD. Melbourne is easy to access to anywhere. We can walk in CBD, go to supermarket, cafe, and use tram which is very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment