Saturday, October 29, 2016

Beetroot and pear cake -vegan-



Beet is not familiar with most of area in Japan, getting to be known but still hard to use for our daily cooking. The first time I knew beetroot was when I was in Canada, my Russian friend showed me beetroot salad. That was the one which has herring, cheese, potato, beetroot and other vegetables and they had become the layers. It was so good to eat, so I tried to make the same salad when I came back to Japan about 12 years ago. However, it is hard to find beetroot in supermarket. I remember I bought it in department store.

Now getting familiar for Russian food, most popular dish is borscht.
Recently, I knew there is beetroot and chocolate cake. This is my new discover and I am going to try some bake using beetroot. Today I combined beetroot and pear.
This cake could be developed in some part, it is possible to add some spice and make it better beetroot vivid pink color.
This is slready awesome for sure! Super moist cake is heavenly.






*Beetroot and pear cake recipe**

for 15cm (6 inch) round cake pan

1 pear
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp demarara sugar

160g beetroot  (make it puree; I used can of beetroot. )
1 banana
1 tbsp lemon juice
100g soy yogurt
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp apple vinegar
1 tbsp oil

55g almond flour
50g coconut flour
3 tsp baking powder

soy cream and pistachio for decoration


1. Peel and cut into slices a pear and place them in the bottom of your cake pan with paper liner.
2. Brush pear slices with oil and sprinkle demerara sugar on them. Set aside.
3. Put mashed banana, lemon juice, soy yogurt, maple syrup, oil and apple vinegar into a bowl. Blend them well.
4. Prepare dry ingredients in another bowl. Blend almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Blend them well.
5. Add beetroot puree into wet ingredients bowl and combine them.
6. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients bowl and combine them.
7. Pour the mixture into the cake pan spread over evenly.
8. Bake it in the preheated oven at 170°C for 60 minutes. Make sure the middle of the cake is baked with using a pick.
9. Cool it down completely and place it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
10. Decorate with whipped soy cream and some pistachio.


No comments:

Post a Comment