Saturday, October 1, 2016

Sports Day BENTO



Sports day is coming.
Sports day is the biggest event in a year for parents who have small kids in Japan.
On this day, there is a opening ceremony and group marching, and kids participate a lots of sports. This is competition between classes.

Parents watch energetic kids for competition, and prepare their lunch. Lately most of school have a rule about lunch time. All kids should have lunch at the day in their class room, but so did I when I was young. However some school has different one, which is kids spend lunch time with their parents or relatives.

There are arguments for and against this. Spending with parents during lunch time on sports day for kids could be precious time, but there is one problem.
For the kids who don't have parents or relatives, there are no one who come to watch them on the day. Spending in class room with friends or teacher is better idea.

Anyway, this arguments for and against this idea have been coming to conclusion, each school has a rule on their own.

In my son's school, we had lunch with kids with parents so I need to prepare tons of lunch for my whole family. I remember this was hard but fun.


Looking back BENTO pics on past sports day, I made big BENTO with same menu every year, and it doesn't change until now. Now my son is high school student and still need BENTO every day.

I make same BENTO for more than 10 years. This could be thought amazing or ridiculous.





Fried chicken
Hamburg steak
Egg rolls
Simmerd root veggies
Salad
Rice balls

No comments:

Post a Comment