Wednesday, July 13, 2016

"Brooklyn"



I went to movie theater to watch " Brooklyn".

The story is that in 1950 an Irish lady immigrates to United States to find a job, and falls into romantic with a man there. And then she must have to choose the countries for one reason.

**story**
Eilis lived in a small Irish village with her sister and mother.
She decided to go to United States alone by support of a Priest , and could get a job as a department store salesclerk there. In early days of US she was struggling with homesickness, but was getting adapted to her new life.
At a Irish party she met Tony, a local Italian, they loved each other in days and got married behind her family.
One day, she got the news that Rose (Eilis's sister in Ireland) died and decided to go back to Ireland temporarily. She had a dilemma between two countries.



This is historical, human lifestylish and very romantic movie.
I wish I wanted that the movie included more historical part, but there are still a thing for me to think in the movie personally. What was the most important reason Eilis could decide to go back to Ireland when Rose died? 
For Rose? For her mom? For Eilis herself? All those are behind her husband Tony she loves.

When I lived in Canada, my mom passed away. I didn't come back to Japan then, after a year I came back to hometown. This was my choice and didn't regret but in years later, sometimes I thought what would happen to me if I had come back when my mom died. Eventually this is not big deal. Just a little bit change of my feeling at the moment.


I haven't been to a movie theater for a long time. I was surprised the theater was very smaller than before, not only this theater most of theaters are getting small and aren't crowded all the time even though discount day.
I know it costs high to watch movie in Japan. 1,800 yen for an adult!
I wish I could watch like other countries like much cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment