Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Homemade Cookies History



Rainy season is over!  Real summer has come in Japan.
I said no more use oven but lied. I baked cookies.
To feel cool and summer, used super fresh lemon juice in them. This cookie is so tasty.



I have never seen no cookies in our sweets box at home when I was a child. My mom baked cookies quite a lot, and they were always same taste, same round shape, and they were butter raisin cookies. I liked them but actually I don't like raisins at this moment, too chewy to eat for a child so even though there were no snack sometimes at home, I usually did not eat these cookies. Just when I was starving, ate them.

Maybe, or maybe not, my mom's baking start point was cookies. She researched recipes of many kinds of cookies like conducting experiments. She tried to change kinds of ingredients or quantity very often.  I remember she told me " this (butter raisin cookies) is the best cookie recipe. "

Funny thing is that I remember this her cookies taste and I still bake cookies with same recipe.  Her basic recipe's ratio was " flour : butter : sugar equal 2 : 1 : 1." And then just add egg, baking powder, vanilla and some raisins. Very simple.

  

Now I don't use raisins, but use her cookie dough recipe.
Sometimes shaped cookies, and then I bored plain taste, changed to dump in chocolate sauce or put some kinds of nuts inside.

Recent years, healthy food has been popular for example no butter, no regular flour.
I also bake cookies without them or use soybean roasted flour or soy milk.



This is the stream of my baking cookies history. I have no idea what kinds of cookies should I bake next, healthy or not.

However, I miss raisin cookies, I don't eat raisins, though.
These are my precious looking back.



**Lemon Cookie with Earl Grey recipe**

1 cup flour
1/3 cup almond powder
2 egg yolks
1 stick butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbs lemon juice and zest of lemon
1 tbs fine earl grey tea leaves

Demerara sugar for coating of cookies before bake in the oven.


Mix with sugar and room temperature butter.
Warm egg yolks in the microwave for 50 seconds -1 minutes. and after that crush it to very fine.
All ingredients are in one bowl, and mix them.
Make a small ball and coat them with dmerara sugar.
Bake them in the preheated 180° oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment