Saturday, June 4, 2016

Deep-fried GOBO



I can't stop eating deep-fried Gobo (burdock).
Soak Gobo in soy sauce and sake, and then deep-fry Gobo with starch into vegetable oil for several minutes.
Hot and crunchy Gobo is so tasty. Putting mayo with it is also amazing.

Anyhow I want to tell foreigners how delicious gobo is.
I know basically they don't eat Gobo.

lots of fiber,
various kinds of dishes,
easy to cook,
healthy for sure.
Those notes are known since old times but the reason people don't like is bad look?
looking roots? Or smell like soil...?

In the past, I was cooking dinner using canned tuna.
A Canadian, who lived with me, getting in kitchen and said,
" Oh, you are cooking fish. Looking great! but my friend is coming over soon, so open the window please. I want to put away the fishy smell."

...I was awkward at the moment.
my dinner looked great.
but this meant smell was bad.

Probably Gobo could be same situation.
Looking good, like fried potatoes, smelling terrible, like roots.


No comments:

Post a Comment