Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Matcha Macaron



How long have we called green tea "matcha" in English?

I remember my green tea story.
Nobody around me said matcha at least 12 years ago when I was in Canada.
Just one of my host mom's friend was interested in green tea when she recognize I am a Japanese. She knew green tea was healthy beverage, so probably getting popular in there, not called matcha, though.

One day, Canadian neighbor kids and me talked about green tea, which I had it I got in Korean supermarket every day, one of them tried to drink it,  others didn' t want to, though. They hadn't had green tea, so must have thought my dark green drink was weird. I never forget his words.
He said,
"Tastes like swamp"

We laughed a lot. I had swamp water every single day in Canada.

A word is interesting.
One day it becomes worldwide.


**Today's baking is matcha macaron.
Totally in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment