Tuesday, June 21, 2016

GOHEI MOCHI



GOHEI MOCHI is local cuisine in Chubu region of Japan, especially famous for northern area of Gifu prefecture, Hida.

This is GOHEI MOCHI, which is skewered rice cake with sweet sauce. This Sauce is made of miso, soy sauce, sugar and walnuts, so very thick and tasty.  I love that!


It is familiar food even I don't live in Chubu area because GOHEI MOCHI vendors come to Kansai area from Hida. However, when I was a small child, a vendor came to supermarket near my place just once a month. I remember my mom was excited when she found a vendor. She knew my father loved GOHEI MOCHI.


Also, MITARASHI DANGO is good.


We can buy MITARASHI DANGO anywhere, but sauce is different as regular one.


This very tasty sweet sauce is special, that's why I really like those sweets, and probably makes me miss my childhood.
Now I can find HIDA vendors, anywhere in Osaka, and very often. I can buy anytime not once a month.
But, every time I see GOHEIMOCHI vendors, I can't help have feeling to buy it.
And actually buy, sometimes too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment