Thursday, June 16, 2016

Lemon Curd



I got this from my mom.

My mom liked lemon curd.
First time I ate it more than 20 years ago, but at that time I guess not known in Japan.
Good to eat with toast, cupcake, crackers or anything ,and then lemony flavour in heaven!

My mom got this recipe from a newspaper clipping as usual.
She read about English tea time, and knew it. Now I am guessing she had often imagined about english life, like her longing.

Now we can find buy lemon curd in supermarket, but I love homemade one because not too sweet and easy to make.

My mom recipe became mine, which has 2 more egg yolks with regular recipe.
I will make lemon DORAYAKI tomorrow☆


** Lemon curd recipe**

2 eggs
2 egg yolks
3 lemon juice ( I didn't use zest this time)
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of melted or softened unsalted butter

Put all together except for lemon juice.
After mix well, add lemon juice.
Pour the mixture into saucepan and simmer on medium low heat until the curd is thickened.
Cool it down.



No comments:

Post a Comment