Thursday, August 4, 2016

Black Sesame Pudding -vegan-



Sesame is eaten all over the world. Japan is not the best producing country but I have image sesame seems Japanese food. This is my big misunderstanding.
American has sesame cookies, Middle Eastern or Mediterranean has tahini and Asian also produces black sesame.

Maybe Japanese people like sesame salad dressing, and I know foreigners loves Japanese sesame dressing.
I can't find this delicious Japanese dressing in other countries. I have never seen black sesame neither. Of course I know we can get Japanese supermarket in foreign countries.


My mom used to make sesame tofu for dinner. I love her rich sesame tofu. It was totally different one which I get at supermarket. She was good at making sesame tofu, and I am not.
She was also good at making fruits or coffee jelly, mousse or blancmange, and I am not neither all of those.

I guess I am not good at making ones which my mom was good. Just because my mom's was much tasty than mine, so I didn't have chance to make a lot. I need more practice.


Now I tried to make pudding. Black sesame pudding is rich taste, soft and bouncy texture. The problem is dark looking. No decoration looks car tire.
I decorated colorful table as much as possible today!



** Black Sesame Pudding recipe**

60g cane sugar
40g black sesame paste
500cc soy milk
10g agar

something favorite for decoration . I used black bean, goji berry(Chinese wolf berry), a piece of edible gold leaf, herb, mixture of soybean flour and powder sugar

Mix with cane sugar and agar in a bowl.
Add black sesame paste in those. Stir very well.
Warm soy milk in the sauce pan for a while, and pour a little by little in the bowl.
Put those liquid ingredients back in the sauce pan, warm them more than one minute.
Pour liquid in the pudding case, cool it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment