Saturday, August 20, 2016

Rose Madeleines with Classic Recipe



Madeleines are simple recipe and always good to be with an afternoon tea.
And also easy to take with as small gifts for friends. So it should be my best bakes but it is not. I love madeleines and bake for only me quite often.

The reason is the looking. Classic madeleines are mostly baked in shell shaped tins. There are so many kinds of tins in kitchenware store, and I believe we should choose best one if we bake nice looking madeleines.

Yesterday I baked shell shaped madeleines a lot for friends. I was not satisfied with the looking. Great taste, golden and brown, though. Gave them to my family.
My family always look happy to get my bakes so I appreciate that.

Today is a sort of revenge.
I baked rose shaped madeleines with lemon, chocolate and matcha. Honestly I like more rose shaped than shell. Easy to put it into my mouth.
I don't completely happy to bake because of the looking. However, taste is so good. Fresh lemony flavor spreads all my mouth, rich buttery chocolate flavor makes me happy and a bite of matcha makes me want Japanese green tea.

My mom baked madeleines a lot. She always baked basic ones with round tins.
Buttery flavor all over my house when I came back to home from school reminds me
 "This is my home."

**Rose madeleines with classic recipe**

<lemon>
2 eggs
90g granulated sugar
100g pastry flour  (80g pastry flour and 20g almond powder)
5g baking powder
100g butter
Lemon zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice


Beat eggs in a bowl and add sugar. Beat them until the color changes to cream yellow and fluffy.
Shift dry ingredients and combine them to the bowl.
Melt butter in the pan until light brown and add the bowl.
Add lemon juice and zest.
Rest the batter in the fridge at least 2 hours.
Prepare the tins using pastry brush with butter and flour.
Fill the tins with about 1 tbsp of madeleine batter.
Bake madeleines preheated 180° oven for 18-20minutes.

<chocolate>
Add 2 tbsp cocoa powder to dry ingredients.

<matcha>
Add 1 tbsp matcha powder to dry ingredients.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much this recipe works so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming my page. This recipe is easy to make, and taste is heavenly. Enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete