Monday, August 22, 2016

"Lost in Translation"



This is my favorite movie, which is on TV quite often, every time I watch it, I enjoy the difference of understanding between Japanese and Americans.


** story**
An American movie star Bob Harris(Bill Murray) in Tokyo for filming of Suntory whiskey. He was feeling lonely because he was not comfortable in Japan for a little difficulties of translation Japanese and English. He also had a loneliness about family life. In the same time, young woman Charlotte(Scarlett Johansson) was in Tokyo, and she was also feeling lonely because she just came with her husband on business as a photographer. They stayed in same hotel and had feeling of same cultural barrier, so got into close....





For the first time I watched this movie, Canadian friend recommended me. He said "This is funny movie because we can find the difference between your country and me."
It was true. Misunderstanding for translation in this movie is so funny to watch even if I watch many times, maybe some Japanese feel uncomfortable to watch the way the producer filmed, which is I was', though.

Now I enjoy this movie about both character's feelings more than those funny parts of "lost in translation".  I think I could understand their true feelings of complicated, loneliness. Furthermore, I understand the irritation which they couldn't tell someone what they wanted to say. I don't think this is a romance, this is a friendship story.
We have to imagine by ourselves about last scene, there are lots of imagination.

As much as we can, we should watch this movie in English and Japanese. The pleasure becomes twice.


No comments:

Post a Comment