Monday, August 15, 2016

Mini Black Sesame Muffins -vegan-



Since I got mini muffin tins, I never use big ones. Mini is so easy to handle, and I love small bites. I can't stop digging sometimes.

I keep recipe of favorite basic muffins. I arrange this depends on my feeling, some ingredients in my fridge or healthier.

My recipe is mostly based on my mom's but actually I don't remember whether I ate her muffins or not when I was a kid. A few decades ago, muffins or cupcakes were popular homemade desserts in Japan? Probably not. I believe baking whole cake was more popular at home.

Today I baked mini black sesame muffins with using leftover of black sesame paste when I made black sesame pudding last week. Also this recipe is healthier than usual.
I remember saying to hate using oven in summer. When I bite this mini muffins, I totally forgot about it. This recipe made me so happy. So moist, rich black sesame taste and absoluely amazing muffins.




**Mini Black Sesame Muffins recipe**
makes 15 mini tins

45g coconut oil
50g soy yogurt
2 tbsp black sesame paste
70g cane sugar
20g agave syrup
90g pastry flour
40g almond flour
6g baking powder
20g soy milk

soy cream, white sesame for decoration

Mix coconut oil, soy yogurt, black sesame paste, cane sugar and agave syrup in a bowl thoroughly.
Mix dry ingredients well and sift them.
Combine wet, dry and soy milk until they are smooth thoroughly but don't over mix the batter.
Place into lined or greased unlined muffin tins.
Bake at preheated 170° oven for 18-20 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment