Sunday, August 28, 2016

"English Vinglish"



This is the Indian movie I watched when I was surfing on movie channel of cable TV one day. It was good more than I expected, I was late for class (this is on TV in the morning, and I wanted to watch as soon as possible).


**story**

A housewife(her name is Shasi) came to NY for family wedding preparation, and went to English class. She was modest, humble and sweet tempered housewife in her country with her well-educated husband and children, and then she became to open-minded and independent while she got used to life in NY with new friends.


In India, especially not in the city, I guess it is possible still closed society, which means let's say, talked about for housewives at home. I imagine like old Japanese ones, even we still have this circumstances. This is not bad but hard to live for housewives quite often. Dominant husband, need to be stick to the traditional family rules or like those.

When I watchted Shasi in this movie, and then she was getting independent in NY, I felt to support her in my mind. She had struggle between her traditional family style and new life with learning new language, culture and self-confidence.

This movie reminds me when I experienced to study in English in foreign counrty for the first time as Shasi had. Now I admire her smartness and beauty as an independent woman for entrepreneur.



No comments:

Post a Comment